This is a spice plantation firm owned and maintained by Mr. Ashok Malkarnekar who is an Indo German man availing Indian citizenship. As we all know Goa is also famous for spice plantation, if you want to experience the same visit this place. This place is well combined with absolute nature and birds. Total 50 acres land is full of numerous type of spices plantation, Fenni making machine, drinking water proof well, natural pool along with Sun Bath Bed area. This is a perfect gateway of absolute nature lover. For more details you can visit www.dudhsagarplantation.com
Why Dushsagar Spice Plantation ?
- An absolute nature lover will get a tropical garden surrounded with various spices plantations, birds, butterflies and flowers.
- Visitors will get a complementary spice tour organised by Mr. Ashok, also they will be able to see the on going plantation works, fenni making activities which are very interesting to experience.
- More than 20 types of regional birds can be spotted here and there. Hence it is an exciting news for bird watchers.
- Visitors will get chance to avail natural pool all the time, people can undergo meditation session besides the pool.
- This place is an absolute destination for relaxation.
- Famous Dudhsagar waterfalls can easily be accessed from here as Kulem (Nearest railway station) is only 10 km away from the firm stay.
- You can enjoy the Dudhsagar river which is nearby from this firm stay, you can take bath, enjoy nature trial and many more.
- You will taste absolute Goan food in this farm stay.
Spices and herbs
The firm stay is full of spices, medicinal herbs and tropical fruits like Cinnamon, Pepper, Chilies, Nutmeg, tropical trees like Cashew, Coconut, Areca nut, Teak thrive and many more.
Things to remember
- To reach there and avail the beauty of waterfall, one should reach Kulem railway station by road or railway. From there you can trek towards the waterfall or you have to avail jeep car. By car one way is 14 km through out the jungle and trek is around 15 min.
Well, you will find huge rush in the season specially in November to January to get the jeep. The forest through which the jeep passes is Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary. There are total 170 jeeps which accommodates 7 people each excluding driver. You have to be into the queue within 8:30 am sharp, then only you will be out of anxiety whether you will get the car or not. Concern persons and managers will be there to attend people who are into the queue, managing and assembling them for each car. Remember if you are being late to reach Kulem, you are gonna miss the trip for the day (you must reach maximum before 9:30 am in pick time).
- One way journey through jeep takes 45 min, they will additionally give 1 hr 30 min to spend time in waterfall area. The journey itself is very thrilling and the beauty of waterfall itself is breathtaking. Life jacket is mandatory which you have to collect from the jeep office at the beginning. Well the waterfall area is mesmerizing, no one can resist himself taking bath to the waterfall. Believe me, from kids to aged people, every single person is going to enjoy the waterfalls, avoiding the rocky trek and risky route. Around 650 rs. per head will be spent to avail Dudhsagar trip. But trust me it is worth it.
- Be aware of the monkeys from the place, those are always eager to snatch your food.
- You won't find any single shop in the waterfall area. Food shops are available in Kulem where you have to be into the queue before getting into the car. You can have breakfast from there.
- Remember no private car can go to the waterfall.
- Remember this is an absolutely plastic free zone, and Goa govt. is extremely strict about it. So you must respect nature and the cleanliness of the city.